To help those who care for elders navigate through the sometimes confusing and overwhelming issues that can present during the later stage of life.
Helping Individuals and Families
Geriatric Consulting Services Inc., (GCS) offers Counseling, Evaluation and Assessment services in the office or at the elder’s home for families coping with elder care issues. Phone consultation, conference calls and email correspondence are also available for families, particularly those who live out of town. Nancy Kriseman has more than 30 years of experience and her services include:
- Phone consultation and conference calls for families who live out of town
- In-home evaluation of the elder
- Advocacy when families or elders encounter challenges with a facility or hospital
- Carefully matched elder care referrals to services, professionals and facilities
- Conflict resolution for family members who are struggling with care decisions
What You Can Expect
- Individualized care plan that addresses the physical, cognitive, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the elder
- Guidance and facilitation of placement in a facility that best matches your family member's needs
- Counseling when elders are resisting support or care
- Help with determining when to move an elder or parent out of his or her home
- Consultation about how best to care for elders who live away from family support
Resources and Referrals
GCS has a well-established and carefully evaluated network of professionals, facilities and services designed to best meet the elder’s needs. Resources are assessed on an ongoing basis, and a referral fee is never accepted from the referral source.
Training and Family Workshops
Geriatric Consulting Services works with local and national organizations to offer training for staff, as well as educational workshops for families. Topics are tailored to the needs of the organization and range in length from an hour to all day.
and Workshops for
Families Caring for Elders
Geriatric Consulting Services